Children coming to Action Day Primary Plus Schools must be in good health.
- Parents must notify the school upon registration if their child has any health or allergy conditions.
- All children must have been immunized against childhood diseases that are required by California state law.
- When children are ill, they cannot attend the center. If your child becomes ill during the day, you will be notified promptly. If needed, you may also need to make arrangements to pick up your child from the center. If your child is sent home sick, he or she cannot return to the center for at least 24 hours.
- Upon registration, parents must indicate an emergency telephone number and/or contact in cases such as these.
- Please see our COVID-19 Guidelines for more information.
We know there are times when your child may need medication during the day. However, please note that we can only administer dated, labeled, and prescribed medication or physician-approved pharmacy-labeled over-the-counter medications in the original bottle when a doctor’s note is on file. We CANNOT accept or administer any medication in a child’s bottle. All medications should be returned to the parent daily or disposed of when no longer needed by the child.
We request that you complete a Medicine Authorization Slip the morning of each day that your child requires medicine.
Open Door Policy/Security Measures
You are welcome to visit at any time. However, when you plan to visit one of the sites, please sign-in at the office. We require that you bring your child into the center and sign him or her in each morning and sign-out at the end of each day. Please note that state regulations require that you sign your complete name.
Sick Child Policy
The ACTION DAY NURSERY SCHOOLS and PRIMARY PLUS SCHOOLS are operated on a non-discriminatory basis. Each child is respected as an individual without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry. Special needs children will be admitted on an individual basis.